Become a valued asset to our team! At Community Catalysts of California we strive to create an impassioned and fulfilling environment for both our clients and employees. We have been in action for 30 years and have worked tirelessly towards generating a positive impact in our communities. If you are interested in serving your community and our Fresno office, please read ahead!
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Office Manager is responsible for giving support to the Regional Office and the employees in order to enable them to efficiently perform their primary responsibilities and duties. The Office Manager may be responsible for but not limited to:
- Act as coordinator for all office needs such as working with facilities managers, coordinating moves, communicating with alarm companies to resolve issues.
- Greet visitors and answer and direct phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assist with client tracking activities such as referrals and number of client hours as needed and directed.
- Disseminate information to office personnel in unit offices as directed and coordinate local ‘all staff’ meetings.
- Photocopy and maintain inventory of forms, packets, supplies, including safety supplies such as PPE.
- Manage and assist with documentation by scanning, uploading, organizing and filing as needed, as well as assisting others with these tasks.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing faxes, mail, and packages appropriately.
- Maintain and manage petty cash in addition to tracking purchases and receipts.
- Assist with fleet coordination as needed.
- Manage Pre-Hire and onboarding process for new hires as needed and as directed by management.
- Serve as office wellness ambassador by maintaining wellness board and informing staff of wellness challenges and updates.
- Ensure location safety compliance by acting as local Safety Officer and as a member of the CCC Safety Committee including:
o Plan, conduct, and ensure staff attendance at month safety meetings.
o Participate in and apply information from quarterly organization-wide Safety Committee meetings.
o Facilitate and coordinate Hep B vaccines and worker’s compensation administration, tracking and follow up.
o Coordinate, participate in and follow up on both internal and external office inspections.
o Plan, execute and track safety drills.
o Maintain and update safety documents and required postings.
o Track and facilitate required safety training and certification such as First Aid/CPR.
o Manage and oversee all safety matters in the office, including fire extinguishers, first aid kits & safety supplies.
o Complete safety orientation training for new hires, including issue equipment, discuss the IIPP and ensure required training is completed.
- Oversee the maintenance of all office equipment.
- Assuring office space is well maintained, orderly and a professional environment.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, equipment and furniture.
- Facilitate ID badges being processed.
- Act as the contact person for and gathering information for monthly newsletters.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities per company schedule as assigned.
- Maintain and track assigned employee personnel documents in company HRIS system as assigned
- Track and upload required employee personnel and compliance documents such as Driver’s Licenses, Auto Insurance and Vehicle Inspections.
- Reserve venues for meetings and conferences; organizing social events as requested; making travel and room reservations as required.
- Other duties as assigned