- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent skill; Advanced degree (MPA, MSW or JD) preferred;
- 2-4 years’ experience in producing grant proposals, with a significant percentage of grant proposals drafted and submitted resulting in grant awards, OR comparable advocacy writing experience in a professional setting (e.g., law, journalism, etc.);
- Exceptionally detail-oriented written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent research, analysis, synthesis, and presentation skills;
- Exceptional project management skills, including relationship building and time management;
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly to produce high quality work products in an extremely fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to receive and integrate constructive critiques and feedback into work;
- Familiarity with reentry programs and a basic understanding of the criminal justice system and its impact on individuals with criminal histories in New York City a plus;
- Commitment to the mission of the agency, helping those involved in the criminal justice system to break the cycle of crime and incarceration; and
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements – May require travel to our Harlem office for meetings or trainings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.