Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Senior Director, Women and Children's Ministries to join the Women and Children's Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Senior Director, Women and Children's Ministries oversees all programs for Women and Children’s Ministries (WCM) locations, including:
- Hope Place: a 99 room facility located in South Seattle and designed specifically for programs to help the transformational process of women dealing with homelessness, domestic violence, addictions, and related issues; this facility opened in 2009 and cost about $26M to build
- Son Rise House Transitional Program (SRH): this facility has 12 two-bedroom units
- Re:Novo Transitional Program in partnership with West Seattle Churches
This position also provides oversight for and supervises a department consisting of approximately 35 staff members and an increasing number of volunteers. The Senior Director develops partnerships with churches and other organizations to serve those in greatest need, providing expertise and consultation support.
Our Women and Children's Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for leading and directing Christ-centered relationally-driven programs and operations of all WCM residential treatment programs, and transitional housing programs for families and single women experiencing crisis
- Provide vision and goals for entire WCM Department including working collaboratively with employees, interns and volunteers - encouraging and equipping them for ministry within the Mission
- Create a healthy ministry culture within WCM by executing world-class training, team building events/projects, grace-based programming and implementing employee retention strategies
- Work with Volunteer Engagement Department to oversee the training and supervision of WCM volunteers
- Point person for media and public relations for WCM
- Responsible for all WCM outcomes data along with monthly reports and WCM statistics
- Submit and oversee annual WCM budgets for all locations
- Oversee and approve all expenditures for all WCM locations
- Oversee all WCM hiring, training, and performance management
- Responsible for maintaining the safety and cleanliness of all WCM facilities
- Oversee the confidential maintenance of program files for guests and residents and any files related to state certification
- Maintain a Christ-centered, positive, pleasant, and safe environment at all WCM locations, where grace can flow freely
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor