Wagner Machine Company is a precision CNC machine shop that is owned, managed, and run by highly skilled machinists. We are excited about machining and are constantly applying new skills and technology to improve the level of service we provide to our customers. We serve a variety of industries including aerospace, defense, research, agriculture, optics, electronics and semi-conductors, energy, and others. Our goal is to be a one-stop shop for small, precision machined parts regardless of the complexity or machining processes required. Our commitment to stay on the cutting edge of machining technology has driven us to continuously add new software and equipment as our customers needs have evolved.
We believe that no amount of technology will help us reach our goals without the right people. We encourage outside-the-box thinking and are always searching for highly skilled and motivated people to join our team. Wagner Machine has many areas of expertise ranging from grinding, CNC milling, and CNC turning, to specialized processes including wire EDM, abrasive waterjet, swiss turning, full 5-axis milling, and robotic automation. Our employees are encouraged to advance professionally by learning new skills in all areas of manufacturing and in many critical supporting roles.
Wagner Machine Company seeks to maintain a small shop atmosphere while having the stability, capabilities, and opportunities that are typically found with larger organizations.
Wagner Machine Company Values
- Communication - Maintain clear communication between all areas of the company.
- Humility - Work smarter, not harder. Asking for help is the smart thing to do. Acknowledge your weaknesses so you can learn, improve, and grow. (Just because you saw it on YouTube, doesn't mean you are proficient at it)
- Integrity - "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you." Matthew 7:12a
- Innovation - Apply our collective machining knowledge to make "impossible parts". Encourage problem solving and outside-the-box thinking on an individual level. Continue to explore and apply new manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Development - Train our employees well enough that they can get a job anywhere; treat them well enough they want to stay.
The Mill Lead works with a team of ten CNC machinists ranging in skill from operators to advanced programmers. On a daily basis the lead assigns jobs to machinists based on scheduling requirements, skill, and training opportunities. They also encourage the development of the team through personalized feedback and hands-on training.
Mill department equipment includes fifteen 3-axis and 5-axis mills from Haas, FANUC, and Doosan most of which are less than five years old. Half of these are automated, which has increased production capacity without requiring overtime or a second shift.
The ideal candidate must enjoy being part of a team and building effective working relationships.
- Excited about the manufacturing industry
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects at a time
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to guide employees and delegate effectively
- Proven ability to train and develop employees in your line of supervision
- Give direct and timely feedback
- Can take appropriate and decisive action based on observation and experience
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to respond effectively to any situation with flexibility, composure, and a good sense of humor
- Propensity to improve processes and maximize efficiency
- Lead by example
- Assign jobs to machinists based on scheduling requirements, skills, and training opportunities
- Ensure machinists are completing their assigned duties effectively
- Encourage machinist productivity during down time (e.g. cleaning, assembly, deburring, special projects, etc.)
- Communicate with Quality Department to ensure acceptable part quality and timely inspections
- Review target cycle times vs. current cycle times in department
- Work with machinists & Production Manager to optimize cycle times
- Complete spot checks of completed parts
- Consult with Production Manager when direction or assistance is needed
- Machining techniques
- Work with HR when needed to address performance and discipline issues
- Monitor and enforce that WMC policies are being followed
- Maintain accountability to performance standards and core values
- Other duties as assigned