The Philanthropy Manager, Major Gifts, contributes to the calling of Medical Teams International by planning, leading, and executing key major gift strategies and managing a team of Philanthropy Specialists with major gift portfolios. This role implements comprehensive development strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit donors with a special focus on securing six figure multi-year campaign pledges, and annual gifts of $10,000 or more, to support Medical Teams International’s strategic plans.
In addition, this role collaborates closely with other leaders including volunteer leaders, board members, the campaign cabinet, the Medical Teams CEO, and executive staff to bring all leadership resources to bear on major gifts. This position has a particular focus on the comprehensive capital campaign under the leadership of the Director of Advancement and oversees their own major gift portfolio of 10-25 donors.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Execute on a multi-year comprehensive fundraising campaign that primarily targets mega and major private donors.
- Manage the major gifts team to a high level of performance, implementing individual and team objectives and clear metrics which feed up to the Marketing and Development Department goals and organizational Key Enterprise Goals.
- Recruit and manage campaign volunteers and provide primary staff support to the Campaign Committee comprised of Board members and other key volunteer leaders. Plan and support quarterly Campaign Committee meetings and occasional meetings with individual members in between committee meetings.
- Create and implement comprehensive development strategies including individualized donor plans, and other activities for the major gifts team to identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts from existing and new major donors with a special focus on securing multi-year campaign pledges.
- Oversee existing campaign plan and continue to develop as needed including: Lead and major gifts; campaign communications; Case for Support delivery practice and training, donor recognition, and stewardship, to be accessible to all portfolio managers across Marketing and Development and other Medical Teams organizational leaders.
- Collaborate with the appropriate staff in the implementation of all systems, processes, strategies, and plans to effectively coordinate responsibilities and track metrics for the campaign.
- Develop and manage a targeted pipeline of qualified prospects for team members and organizational leadership to solicit for multi-year pledges through research and cultivation efforts in collaboration with the Research Analyst.
- Manage and direct major donor campaign activity for the Director of Advancement and the Vice President of Development.
- Involve Medical Teams’ CEO, Vice President of Development, board members and others in the solicitation of major gifts in collaboration with the Executive Assistant.
- Develop and execute the various events necessary for the major gifts program to succeed in collaboration with the Events Specialists and Director of Advancement.
- Manage the team to maintain current, accessible information on major donors by fully utilizing the CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Cultivate and solicit gifts from a limited number of the most impactful assigned major donors, modeling the highest levels of professionalism and excellence for the major gifts team. (Personal portfolio of 10 – 25 donors).
Communication and Collaboration:
- Represent the organization in major speaking opportunities with community, foundation, governmental and business leaders.
- Develop and implement a strategic communication plan to promote the campaign in collaboration with Director of Advancement.
- Develop materials, and intranet content needed to support fundraising programs, including the Campaign Case for Support and proposals, and other collateral necessary for the campaign to succeed, in collaboration with Director of Advancement and appropriate organizational team leads.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Recruit, supervise, develop, and evaluate major gifts staff in all Medical Teams International offices.
- Inspire and hold team accountable by utilizing clear objectives and metrics.
- Meet regularly with direct reports.
- Manage individual performance throughout the year, including quarterly check ins and end of fiscal year performance reviews.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.