EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant healthcare field, can substitute for experience year for year.
- Certification or professional license as required by state law, to provide direct patient care (if applicable)
- Certification for CPR (BLS), Blood Born Pathogens, and HIPAA training as required by law.
- Valid driver license with few or no traffic violations.
- Master’s degree or other certifications in relevant field, as required by state law, to provide direct patient care.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a clinical setting, public health, or dental or medical office.
- Experience driving an RV sized vehicle with good driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Compassion and care for the patient populations we serve; radically hospitable.
- Clinical knowledge of medical, nursing, public health, practices or offices.
- Passion and commitment to serving volunteers and clinic partners with excellence.
- Understanding and compliance with HIPAA and all related healthcare regulations such as infection control and other OSHA, and WISHA requirements in a clinic setting.
- Knowledge of the health needs of populations served.
- Knowledge and ability to train or work effectively in any role on the vaccine team. (vaccinator, observer, clinic assistant, data input)
- Self-starter, quick and curious learner, detail oriented, highly organized, and able to work independently and in remote settings.
- Hands-on and clinically minded, enjoys performing a broad variety of tasks.
- Flexible problem solver, able to think through immediate issues and seek out solutions.
- Well organized, able to manage and follow up to see tasks through on-time and possess good time management skills.
- Comfortable troubleshooting technology and accessing programs and files remotely.
- Comfortable using technology and moderately skilled with Microsoft Office 365 suite (including Outlook email and calendar), Teams, Open Dental, and/or other electronic health record platform. Experienced or comfortable working in a paperless office and with digital systems and equipment.
- Excellent and responsive communicator with team, managers, and other staff.
- Good intuition and high emotional intelligence.
- Works collaboratively and comfortably with volunteer providers and outside agency partners.
- Works collaboratively and comfortable with a diverse staff and persons at all levels of function, authority, and socio-economic levels.
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written, particularly for patient charting and referrals.
- Demonstrated patient advocate.
- Ability to operate quickly and calmly in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and weekends (approximately 2 per month).
- Ability to drive and support of Medical Teams International’s Mobile Clinic vans.
- Ability to travel for multi-day testing or vaccine clinic deployments.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to:
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medica instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder.
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme hot or cold weather, and very basic living conditions.
- There may be a risk of occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). Hepatitis B vaccination series is required.