In this role, you will design, draw and manage restaurant focused projects from beginning to end, from SD, DD, CD and through CA. You’ll create construction documents in Revit and AutoCAD and may manage junior level designers at certain intervals for certain projects, but the strongest candidate will have the ability to manage clients and produce drawings single-handedly and be responsible for the day-to-day management of one or more clients.
What Is Cool About This Job
HFA is an established architecture and engineering firm with a 30-year successful work history. We are a tech-enabled firm and currently experiencing growth in our client-centered design team. This is an important role with client-facing responsibility providing an opportunity to lead with excellence, one of our core values.
You will utilize your Revit and AutoCAD skills and construction knowledge for the creation of high-quality documents our brand is known for which leads us to repeat clients. The successful candidate will gain exposure to other aspects of client management including invoicing, budgets, marketing, proposal writing, business development and more. This role has a high potential for the right person to fast-track to greater responsibilities of client and program management.
The day to day
• Produce conceptual sketches, preliminary designs, and construction documents
• Responsible for client contact, take client direction and act quickly
• Develop design content and CD’s
• Maintaining a schedule of assigned tasks visible to the client and internal managers
• Schedule and host conference calls
• Coordination with in-house engineers
• Complete assignments timely, accurately, and within HFA standards
• Development and maintenance of one or more client prototypes
• Some travel to survey existing buildings and final Construction Observations