Make a difference every day by joining CCRES as a Personal Care Assistant (PCA)!
- Generous hourly pay rate of $20 per hour
- Full school day PCA positions available throughout Chester County area school districts
- PCA bus aides also needed throughout Chester County area school districts : 6:30am - 9:30am (break) 1:30pm - 430pm
The Personal Care Assistant (PCA) position is a field employee position providing one-to-one and small group emotional support and behavioral interventions to children/adolescents in a school setting throughout Chester County, PA. We specialize in serving children primarily diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders as well as other special needs diagnoses.
- PCAs will work on all student days, full day, during the school calendar year
- General school hours approximately: 7:30am - 2:30pm (secondary) or 8:30am - 3:30pm (elementary)
PERKS OF WORKING IN A SCHOOL SYSTEM:
- Excellent experience to start a career making a difference every day working with individuals with special needs
- Perfect school day schedule for parents who would like to work in the same district as their children
- Great opportunity for those who are retired or seeking a change in career to work with children in schools
- Provide one-to-one and small group emotional support and behavioral interventions to children/adolescents in the school setting based on medical needs of the client
- Prompt interventions in the areas of: behavior management, conflict resolution, anger management, and peer interaction skills based on the IEP goals or behavioral treatment plan provided by school official or a Behavior Consultant
- Collect daily data and document progress notes in a prescribed format for each session with the child/adolescent
- Provide direct support for students to meet their personal care needs
- High School Diploma OR equivalency
- Experience working with school aged children - preferred.
- Experience with autism and / or other special needs - preferred.
- Staff on assignment for West Chester Area School District must have a high school diploma and ability to complete a local assessment requirement OR Two-years of post secondary education (48 college credits) OR Associates Degree
(Clearances and TB current within 12 months)
- PA Child Abuse (Act 151) Clearance
- PA Criminal (Act 34) Clearance
- PA Department of Education FBI – Use code 1KG6XN
- TB Screening
- Education Documentation - Diploma OR Official Transcripts
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, CCRES Educational and Behavioral Health Services is an organization of dedicated and highly-trained staff members who provide quality services to schools, children, adults, and families. We work in partnership with the Advanced Clinical Services (ACS) program of the CCIU to provide the highest quality behavioral health school district services to individuals with special needs.
- Benefits for employees working 30 or more hours per week are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental & Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, FlexCare, Short-Term disability and Life insurance
- CCRES 403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan – 3% matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational partnerships with Saint Joseph’s University, Eastern University, and Capella University
- Milestone service award (5 years, 10 years, 15 years)
- Gift card raffle on pay-day Fridays
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) position is paid at $20.00/hour (W-2 employment).
*Due to high volume of applicants for this post, candidates with completed and signed applications will receive priority review.
CCRES is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Work with clients with special needs – related keywords in the behavioral health field: RBT, Registered Behavior Technician, rbt, Registered Behavior Tech, behavior technician, behavioral health, behavioral health services, education, education services, educational services, psychology, ABA, applied behavior analysis, caregiver, care giver, social work, social worker, special education, autistic, autistic support, autism support, life skills, learning support, emotional support, MDS, multiple disabilities, multiple disabilities support, personal care assistant, PCA, BHT, Behavior Health Technician, IBHS, Intensive Behavioral Health Services, TSS, Therapeutic Support Staff, Therapeutic Staff Support, Behavioral Health Rehabilitative Services, BHRS, wraparound, child care worker, Childcare, Child Services, children services, Child Welfare, Classroom Aide, jobs for moms, jobs for parents, childcare, teacher's aide, teaching assistant, teacher's assistant, instructional aide, instructional assistant, paraprofessional, para, PARA, Para, instructional support, tutoring, teaching, teacher, Coach, Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Crisis Prevention, Day Care, Daycare, Education, Early Intervention, Family Services, Human Services, Instructor, Nanny, Nursery School, pre-school, Paraprofessional, Preschool, Psychology, Public Welfare, Residential, Residential Counselor, Teacher, Teacher Aide, Tutor, Instructional Aide, Instructional Assistant, IA, para-educator, regular education, special education, TA, Teacher Assistant, home care, healthcare, health care, home health aide, mental health, human services, social services, IDD, intellectual developmental disability, mental health specialist, CCRES, educational and behavioral health services