The primary focus of this role is to provide production expertise and leadership to, internal and external, clients, production teams, designers, labor, and vendors. This position will share responsibility for the success and sustainability of the WorldStage Lighting Department.
Internally, the Account Manager, Lighting will work closely with the Vice President, Lighting, Lighting Rental Manager, WS Account Executives, WS Production Managers and WS Labor Department to maintain our high level of production and generate new business.
The Account Manager, Lighting reports directly to the Vice President, Lighting and will be responsible for technical production management, for our current and upcoming rental productions. This position will also include identifying new technology, encouraging staff industry education and trade show attendance, and cultivating positive focus on growth and profitability.
Location: The position is based out of the WorldStage Secaucus, NJ facility (WSE)
- Work with WS Account Executives, Lighting Designers and Senior Project Management staff to provide production guidance during bidding process.
- Hold production staff accountable for meeting technical requirements, deadline, and budgets in their work products. Work closely with clients during design development process.
- Attend production meetings, production calls and occasional site surveys to manage WorldStage involvement with show-planning details.
- Proactive communication is needed to ensure that production schedules from the client are accurate and up to date.
- Work with VP Lighting to analyze production cost options for initial production quotes of large multi-departmental projects.
- This positions duties will be split between Lighting, Staging and Integration, based on availability.
- Keep R2 Data and dates current and correct and ensure that shop staff can complete projects successfully.
- Communicate job overview and expectations to on-site staff clearly and timely and oversee successful completion.
- Ensure that all applicable projects and events are staffed with the proper personnel.
- Engage with the Asset Management, Sub-Rental and Procurement team(s) to obtain all needed production equipment, not owned by WorldStage.
- Utilize both internal and external sources, and own network to prospect clients and projects. Create and maintain productive relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Create proposals and budgets that have a high probability of success while maintaining appropriate margins for WorldStage.
- Participate in company meetings, departmental office meetings, vendor product demos and occasional off-site trade shows.
- Responsible for timely job invoicing, expense reporting and adherence to department budget.
- Additional duties are TBD.