Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Case Manager to join the Women and Children’s Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Case Manager functions to work with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program. Part of a 24-hour team that provides advocacy-based and spiritual counseling, information, referral and support services to program guests.
Our Women and Children’s Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with one late shift each week (possibly Tuesdays from 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM).
Essential Job Duties
- Process intake assessments and screening of clients.
- Manage caseload of individual clients in addiction recovery program.
- Meets with clients weekly and maintain all electronic and paper client files.
- Help in maintaining the safety and cleanliness of WCM facility.
- Provide crisis intervention information, chemical dependency case management and referral help.
- Communicate with all staff through the Client Tracker (CT11).
- Help coordinate and facilitate support groups, Bible studies, addiction recovery curriculum and classes.
- Develop and maintain on-going client files.
- Administer observed urine collections for guests.
- Perform welfare checks in guest residences and restrooms.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these essential job duties we are only able to consider females for this position.
- Help maintain a positive, pleasant and Christian atmosphere at HP
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Mission’s Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Agreement with the purposed of the Mission’s programs and the grace-based team approach to ministry.
- Concerned, caring heart for needy families and a willingness to confront behavior consistently and respectfully.
- Ability to work in cooperation with the other Mission staff.
- Strong love for the Lord and for people.