The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between the government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Office of Strategic Operations and Performance Management (SOPM), in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer, supports the overarching strategies of DOHMH, to foster organizational alignment with those strategies and supplement divisional capacity as needed. It serves as a resource and partner to DOHMH leadership and other stakeholders for performance measurement & analysis and program planning & coordination.
The Office of Strategic Operations and Performance Management (SOPM) seeks a full-time, temporary Project Manager to support strategic performance measurement and management activities for the agency. The Project Manager, reporting to the Senior Program Analyst/Performance Management will work 35 hours per week at $45 per hour through March 31, 2023.
The following are proposed responsibilities. However, as the COO office’s role is necessarily flexible to address emerging administrative and operational priorities, additional responsibilities and opportunities may be available based on the selected candidates.
- Serve as primary liaison to designated agency divisions for performance reporting activities, including annual goal planning, performance measure development, and performance reporting
- Support and, when requested, lead the development and implementation of processes that embed equity into programmatic work
- Lead and provide technical assistance to divisions on internal and external reporting activities
- Attend performance meetings and track performance measure change requests from senior leadership
- Maintain and update records of internal processes and resource documents, such as guidance, templates, webpages, etc.
- Support the development and implementation of a central performance reporting system
- Provide project management support for agency priority projects, including developing and maintaining timelines, deliverable and milestone status, and identifying/elevating risks and barriers
- Support and, when requested, lead other designated projects or initiatives as identified by management