The Automation Sales Engineer will develop and implement the roadmap to becoming an established bidder and preferred supplier of Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems to companies in the United States. This role requires strong technical and engineering involvement while focusing on long-term relationship building with our customers.
- Maintain and increase sales with existing customers and expand market penetration through development of new business.
- Prospect, identify, and contact potential clients to accurately assess client automation needs relative to the characteristics of their business.
- Effectively communicate information about automation products and services to clients' appropriate decision makers.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, validate specifications, and participate in the development of automation solutions that meet the customer's technical and commercial requirements
- Consult with internal resources, such as Legal, Finance, Sales (racking), Technical office, Purchasing, Production, and Operations, to evaluate client requirements and develop a comprehensive project proposal to ensure customer satisfaction and completion of customer projects while ensuring time, milestone, revenue expectations are met.
- Assist in the development of technical material, cost estimates, project and system handling concepts based on client needs, customer bid specifications, and Interlake Mecalux proposal documentation.
- Deliver and present proposals and technical solutions to customers, participating in project review meetings with customers.
- Manage customer contract negotiations, NDA's, and commercial items during bid process, including terms, delivery, payment schedule, insurance requirements, etc.
- Understand the competition’s technology and pricing strategy. Provide feedback to Management and Parent Company to facilitate R&D efforts and new product development in support of the US market needs.
- Maintain CRM database
- Travel in furtherance of responsibilities.
- Other duties as needed.