Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Safety Coordinator to join the Emergency Shelters team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Safety Coordinator operate around Mission properties which include the Othello Campus located at 3800 S. Othello St. Seattle, WA 98118 for purposes of engaging people in that are loitering, in need or engaged in potential criminal activity to include trespass. The Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing protection and security for Mission property, staff, program residents and volunteers.
Our Emergency Shelters team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday from 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM, including occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Essential Job Duties
- Proactively engage with individuals that are loitering and/or trespassing on or around the Missions Othello Campus and take appropriate measures to mitigate any potential threat to property or personnel.
- Provide assistance and referral to Mission Outreach and Residential programs to homeless people and others who are experiencing crises caused by mental illness and/or excessive drug/alcohol consumption on or around Mission property.
- Document daily activity and security roving checks in the Security log, elevating information to direct supervisor and completing Critical Incident reports as needed.
- Conduct shift debrief and situational report handoff with outgoing and incoming security employees.
- Intervene in crises (medical, mental health, interpersonal) that present themselves.
- De-escalate and report altercations or dangerous activity.
- Supervise program men assigned to assist in Security detail.
- Maintain appropriate and professional social interactions with guests.
- Think and act collaboratively with staff and to improve safety and cleanliness of Othello Campus.
- Calling or coordinating the calling of 9-1-1 to address emergency situations on or around Othello Campus.
- Coordinate with and direct emergency first responders.
- Discourage and report predatory and/or illicit behavior.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Commitment to the grace based therapeutic model and incorporating it into all aspects of the position.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.