The Applications Engineer is responsible for analyzing customer requirements and developing large scale, complex automated systems to meet the customer’s logistics, storage, and material handling needs. This Applications Engineer is an integral member of the Robotics Sales team, supporting the Robotics Sales Engineers in providing solutions for our customers
- Develop Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (AS/RS) solutions, including such equipment as stacker cranes, pallet shuttles, static and mobile racking, conveyors, and other material handling equipment necessary to meet customer requirements while providing a cost-competitive solution. Conduct site visits as needed.
- Create proposal documents (quotes, BOM’s, layouts, schedules, write-ups) that fully describe and define the solution.
- Compile, review, and process incoming information (e.g. leads) and specifications for new AS/RS projects.
- Assist the Robotics Sales Engineers and our customers by answering technical questions related to our products.
- Review and integrate internal documents provided by other departments that support the AS/RS solution being developed.
- Interact extensively with external consultants, systems integrators, and suppliers.
- Partner with Mecalux, S.A. (parent company in Barcelona) Automation Department. Review US-based customer projects with them in order to facilitate feedback on best practices and to communicate US customers’ needs for further R&D and product development efforts. Seek approvals as needed
- Coordinate project handover with our Operations Department, assisting with after-sales activities.
- Other duties as needed