Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, including the following essential duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Other essential duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Handles various outbound phone, email and SMS campaigns related to activity and pacing.
- Works closely with student service department and finance to accomplish student enrollment, withdrawal, and graduation processes.
- Handles student and partner calls in a manner that resolves student issues and overcomes objections related to lack of activity, pacing, or desire to withdraw from program.
- Maintains and audits student records in accordance with accreditation requirements, including all communications.
- Monitors and tracks all student progress and contacts students in accordance with the student engagement model.
- Monitors academic coach or teacher performance metrics to ensure that they are meeting their performance requirements.
- Provides initial and ongoing training, coaching and mentoring to academic coaches or teachers.
- Meets with coaches individually on a monthly basis and as a team biweekly.
- Escalates any performance issues with Academic Coaches or Teachers to the Director of Academics.
- Provides academic support to students using email, phone, and virtual whiteboard discussions.
- Escalates issues related to student outcomes, curriculum, learning management system configuration, and interdepartmental communications.
- Performs any and all other duties, as assigned.
This job has the following non-essential duties and responsibilities. Other non-essential duties or responsibilities may be assigned.
- Participates in meetings with partners to communicate student progress.
- Provides feedback about curriculum to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Participates in accreditation activities.
- Attends student graduation ceremonies.
- Contributes stories for SHCOE or affiliate blogs, newsletters or other company publication.
- Performs any and all other duties, as assigned.
The Academic Coach Team Lead supervises up to three Academic Coaches. The supervisor makes assignments by defining objectives, priorities and deadlines, and assists the employee with unusual situations that do not have clear objectives. The employee plans and carries out successive steps and resolves problems and deviations in accordance with instructions, policies, and accepted policies. The supervisor reviews the work for technical adequacy and conformance with practice and policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Performing the essential functions of this job requires knowledge of:
- Principles, methods, and procedures to provide guidance and feedback needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
- Principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; and learning and motivation.
Using American English, ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write grammatically correct routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
This job requires the use of spreadsheets, presentations, Internet, navigation of the Internet, word processing, and databases. To perform this job successfully, the individual should have experience using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Email, SalesForce, and Five9 or must have the ability to learn these applications. The individual may have experience using NexPort Solutions but must have the ability to learn NexPort.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must have proficient skills and knowledge of PC Workstations and Microsoft Windows.
Programming Languages Knowledge/Abilities:
Other Equipment and Tools:
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes time to understand the points being made, asks questions as appropriate, does not interrupt at inappropriate times, and conveys awareness.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s motives and representations and those of the organization; is seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences, promises, and commitments.
- Interacts in a positive way with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Teaches others how to do something.
To perform this job successfully, an employee should have work-related competencies.
- Determines own tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Closely follows established processes and procedures.
- Works effectively in situations with frequent workload changes and competing priorities.
- Works without supervision and demonstrates considerable initiative.
- Efficiently manages high volumes of inbound and outbound telephone calls.
- Comfortably delegates responsibilities, tasks, and decisions; appropriately trusts others to perform; provides support without removing responsibility.
- Motivates others toward common goals.
- Uses appropriate management and mentoring skills with peers and/or subordinates.
A Bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university and 3 years relevant experience plus a minimum of 6 months experience as an Academic Coach in an online environment.
Specialized Education/Training and Experience
Certificates and Licenses
Teacher certification in post-secondary education preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or use hand or hands and talk or hear over five hours per day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for reading text, graphics, etc., on a computer screen.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is not required to drive on Company business and no overnight travel is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The selected candidate will be required to authorize the Company to conduct a criminal background investigation prior to hire, including a sex offender background check, and a fingerprint check. If the candidate is a current Darwin Global employee, only the sex offender background check and the fingerprint check are required.