The primary function of the Shipping & Receiving Assistant is to ensure that all outbound shipments are properly packed, documented and sent out per each orders specifications and within the specified time frame. The Shipping & Receiving Assistant will also handle incoming shipments of supplies and materials and perform associated record-keeping processes when needed. This position is located at our Union City, CA facility.
Role and Responsibilities
- Packing and creating records for outbound shipments
- Working with the warehouse manager to formulate day-to-day shipping schedules
- Keeping track of ground UPS & FedEx pickup schedules and scheduling one-time pick-ups as needed
- Receiving incoming orders of supplies and materials and checking against their corresponding P.O.s
- Sorting incoming materials from collaborating companies and distributing these materials
- Assisting with stocking and inventory when necessary
- Fulfilling orders from ready-made stock when necessary
- Assisting other staff with preparing outbound shipments when necessary
- Monitoring and maintaining shipping/packing supply levels
- Handle shipping / receiving on daily basis
- Scanning and closing out orders on E21 in timely manner
- Place merchandise in warehouse or storage facility by packaging, lifting, operating forklifts and pallet jacks for large good as necessary
- Maintain files of goods by preparing regular LTL, FTL, Shipping and Receiving Reports for managers
- Maintain the warehouse through organizing and cataloging items on a regular basis
- Schedule large shipments and plan logistics to ensure that there is sufficient storage space for incoming items and staff on hand to manage shipments when the Warehouse Manager is unavailable
- Additional responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D certificate
- Proficiency with PCs and preferred. Must be comfortable communicating via email
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and fulfill scheduled hours
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to gather and analyze data to reach decisions
Working Conditions And Physical Effort
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Shipping & Receiving Clerk encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands/Efforts
- Work requires occasional physical exertion including some lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to stand for long periods of time
- Willing and able to sit occasionally
- Willing and able to walk to other areas of the plant often
- Willing and able to type on computer for extended amount of time
- The actions of this position includes: sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting and turning, as well as hand/arm movements such as grasping, reaching, pulling, pushing, typing
- Willing and able to push and pull loaded handcarts and dollies within a warehouse setting.
- Mental & Visual Demands
- Work performed by this position requires a significant level of mental concentration to manage multiple complex tasks.
- Work requires continuous visual effort for extended periods of time.
- Work Environment and Hazards
- Employee works in a manufacturing setting with frequent exposure to heat/cold, dust, or other factors that may require protective equipment and still pose a hazard.
- This position has regular exposure to hazards that could result in significate injury and lengthy loss of time at work.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Kettle Cuisine complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.