The Philanthropy Specialist manages a mid-level gifts portfolio. It is a key member of Medical Teams International’s fundraising team, managing a portfolio of donors whose annual giving ranges between $1,000 and $4,999. The Philanthropy Specialist manages the qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of approximately 600-800 households. In addition, this position works to identify top tier of donors who have the ability to give at the $5,000 level and above with the goal of moving them up to the major gifts portfolio to maximize philanthropy to Medical Teams to help to carry out the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Responsible for achieving a portfolio target of $800K – 1.2M annually through private special funding, multi-year commitments, and gift planning. Recommend donation of appreciated assets whenever possible.
- Build long term relationships through personal interaction with donors on assigned list (600 - 800 donors), with a strong emphasis on voice-to-voice interaction. Strategically discover, cultivate, invite, and steward donors as partners of Medical Teams. Meet or exceed annual fund-raising goals through the cultivation of donors.
- Plan and implement account management and moves management strategies to ensure assigned donors are cultivated toward their full giving potential, identifying potential major donors to the organization.
- Ensure plans are in place and implemented for top tier donors each year.
- Develop long-term relationships through personal interaction with donors on assigned account list, with a strong emphasis on voice-to-voice interaction, while shaping donor interest in Medical Team’s mission as well as connecting donor interests with Medical Teams’ ministry. As appropriate, additional donor interactions will be conducted in person, via email, and mail.
- Affirm donors, identify interests, share information on Medical Team’s programs, and solicit donations.
- Focus on fundraising for organization priorities that include mini campaigns and sector programs.
- Assist in the ongoing development of best practices in engaging with donors and communicating with fundraising team. Support donor servicing needs.
- Consistently achieve established targets.
- Strategic Collaboration:
- Partner with Major Development team regarding events and initiatives and identify potential donors for Major portfolio consideration.
- Partner with Planned Giving to facilitate donor advised funds, appreciated asset gifts, annuities, etc. using advanced level of knowledge of the gift planning process to identify opportunities. Support Account Managers in similar activities.
- Partner with Marketing Team for direct mail and other collateral specific to the portfolio, provide input as needed regarding offer development.
- Seek and, as approved, participate in additional learning and development opportunities related to Medical Teams and the fundraising industry.
- Attend local and regional meetings for the purpose of team collaboration and relational one-to-one engagement/cultivation of donors.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.