Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for an Outreach Administrator to join the Outreach team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Outreach Administrator supports the Outreach Ministries and efforts to end homelessness by providing spiritual leadership, program development, and administrative supervision for all functions of outreach programs to include Search & Rescue, Morning Watch, Car Camping and Street Outreach, in addition to the creation and execution of the 2025 homeless plan efforts as assigned.
Our Outreach team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Essential Job Duties
- Administer and monitor the efforts of the Search and Rescue Team.
- Administer all outreach services to those we serve in King County, leading them to life transformation in Christ through Search and Rescue.
- Oversee outreach services to ensure the highest-quality services providing tools and support for a safer and honoring environment to include: Overnight shelter, clothing distribution, showers, mail and other outreach services as prescribed.
- Work closely with the Director of Outreach to establish and implement goals for Outreach Ministries.
- Build relationships and partnerships with local churches, schools, businesses and communities inviting them to enter into the fight to end homelessness, specifically through the Outreach Ministries.
- Represent the Mission in the civic community in regards to assigned areas of ministry, furthering the Mission's ability to be regarded as Seattle's first choice to address homelessness and the problems facing those in greatest need.
- Provide organizational, spiritual, and administrative leadership to all direct reports, which includes training, development, hiring, scheduling, goals setting/evaluation and performance management (including corrective action).
- Work with the Outreach team to develop plans to fix any operational issues that are encountered within the department. Initiate communication with the Director of Outreach on any operational or personnel issues that may negatively impact operations.
- Serve as an active training resource for volunteers participating in Search & Rescue ministries to ensure the highest quality experience for all involved.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission staff are encouraged to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ensure all staff, volunteers and interns are interacting with those we serve in a grace-based and relationally driven manner.
- Produce and distribute schedules, maintain accurate and timely records, and ensure the physical security and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Provide regular input and recommendations to management.
- Inform those we serve of the services available to help them in their present situation. Ensure they have access to information on housing and other options to include MM Recovery Program information.
- Prepare monthly statistical and narrative reports, as required.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program men.
- Be an informed expert in the field of homelessness in Seattle, building relationships and partnerships with local churches and schools, inviting them to enter into the fight to end homelessness.
- Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Work effectively with colleagues throughout the Mission's organization to achieve ministry objectives, maintaining good communication and working relationships
- Maintain accurate and timely records of guest interviews and interventions using the professional case note standards of Men’s Ministries Recovery Program Case Managers.
- Drive between various ministry locations as needed.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.