Security Officer (Full Time)
Fort Worth Country Day Security Officers are the front line of protecting the School community and managing risk in a manner respectful of the School’s core values, culture and climate. The officer helps to provide an environment that ensures the student’s safety and supports the School’s mission.
We are currently looking to fill a full-time position. The expected work hours are Tuesday through Friday 2:00pm – 10:00pm and Saturday 7:00am – 3:00pm. Hours and days off may change due to departmental needs.
Reporting to the Security Supervisor and the Safety and Security Manager, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide for campus security and safety through patrolling, traffic control, and the protection of the rights and property of the students, faculty/staff and the School
- Provide a sense of “presence” by projecting an air of authority and professionalism
- Render basic security service
- Assist with the orderly flow of traffic on and off campus; enforce traffic and parking rules
- Control access to campus buildings
- Issue parking stickers
- Conduct preliminary investigations
- Know the basics of first aid and CPR
- Dispense information and give directions; must be courteous and well-informed
- Have a working knowledge of the department and School’s emergency procedures
- Take steps to prevent injuries and eliminate hazards
- Ability to stand and walk for the entire shift; must to be able to move from a seated position to standing continuously during the entire shift
- Push, pull, move, lift and carry items up to 25 pounds
- Must demonstrate physical agility, strength and manual dexterity
- Must to be able to hear and understand speech at normal levels; visual acuity
- Be able to drive a golf cart or a school vehicle on school grounds
- Work indoors and outdoors in all climates and conditions
All employees of FWCD must:
- Model the core values (Respect, Responsibility, Kindness, Courage, Integrity and Scholarship)
- Exhibit generous community spirit, professional flexibility, a sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Collaborate and work well with students, parents and colleagues
- Execute duties in a positive and punctual manner
- Be an enthusiastic lifelong learner driven toward professional self-improvement and personal growth
- We will train
- Must pass state requirements
- Must be a self-starter, mature, reliable, and need little supervision
- No person will be considered/called for an interview without a resume
- Those applicants that are viewed as viable by the Safety and Security Manager and Supervisor will be called for an interview
- For questions contact Craig Slayton at 817-732-7718, x3336
Equal Opportunity Employer / Statement of Inclusivity:
Fort Worth Country Day is an Equal Opportunity Employer that maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions at FWCD are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and performance and are subject to the academic and business requirements of the School. As a school, we also believe that understanding and respecting differences not only inspires compassion and empathy, but also fosters intellectual curiosity and creativity. We embrace the diverse cultures, experiences and perspectives that comprise and enhance our learning environment. We commit to sustaining and growing an intentionally inclusive community.
About Fort Worth Country Day and the City of Fort Worth:
Fort Worth Country Day earned the distinction of being ranked one of the Best Companies to Work for in Fort Worth for 2018.
Fort Worth Country Day is a coed, junior kindergarten through grade 12 college-preparatory day school with approximately 1080 students and 250 faculty and staff. The School seeks to promote inclusivity and retain a diverse faculty. The 104-acre campus offers excellent facilities for academics, arts and athletics. Faculty and administration nurture a collegial professional environment in which innovation is encouraged. Opportunities for ongoing professional development are exceptional. Fort Worth Country Day is proud of its school community where students, parents, faculty, staff and administration join together to develop an effective and enjoyable place to teach and learn.
Fort Worth ranks as one of the top 20 largest cities in the United States and is known for its vibrant arts, music, and cultural life. The Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan region is home to over 6.5 million people. More information about the School and Fort Worth community is available at www.fwcd.org.