Telaid is a provider of technology deployments solutions to multi-site clients. For over 40 years Telaid has been the technology partner of choice for enterprise clients that want to accelerate technology adoption and drive positive business outcomes through scalable, repeatable programs. Telaid understands the critical need to integrate emerging technologies quickly and precisely. Everything we do is designed to help our customers deploy and manage technologies efficiently and cost effectively. Telaid has an unprecedented ability to execute on complex, large scale technology projects on time, and on budget.
Our Core Values are – Be Proactive, Be a Team Player, Take Ownership & Do the Right Thing
The Quality Control Lead Technician is responsible for installing, training partners, and inspecting quality of work on a variety of low voltage solutions Telaid offers its clients. This role requires experience working with retail and/or commercial clients, as well as knowledge of industry standards. The QC Lead Technician supports programs that rely on relationships with business partners to provide a consistent outstanding customer experience. A willingness to travel is essential to this role. The organization is growing and needs to find scalability, while differentiating itself from its competitors. From a last mile standpoint, this means being able to deliver a project on-time, on budget, with minimal setbacks. The Quality Control Lead Technician will be instrumental in making sure quality is guaranteed, and training is consistent as we rely on more and more business partners.
Location – PA (Western, Central & Eastern)
Must be willing to travel to support Telaid’s business. Road Warrior. Travel may include working on long term projects over multiple weeks at a time.
- Participate in team meetings and performance reviews.
- Fill in timesheets daily.
- Keep certifications up-to-date.
- Maintain company vehicle and other equipment
- Conduct field quality control inspections audits to ensure customer specifications are achieved on product or system installations
- Perform QC on multiple clients’ this is a key requirement
- Train subcontractors and Telaid technicians on theory and practices for reliable quality installations
- Perform installation and service work on customer site, based on schedule
- Provide regular updates (email responses/information) to Project Management Team(s), Resource Center and Service Center in a timely manner
- Act as point of escalation for clients; resolve issues where possible, otherwise escalate to Supervisor and Project Team(s)
- Provide complete structured cabling system installations in a variety of retail, financial and office building environments.
- Terminate and test Category 5e and 6 copper cables to manufacturer and BICSI standards
- Terminate and test Multi-mode fiber to manufacturer and BICSI standards
- Install equipment racks, cabinets, and cable support systems, including J-hooks, Arlington straps and ladder tray systems
- Able to participate in project installation and service/MAC activities during nights and weekends
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and testing
- DVRs - March Networks, Verint and Dedicated Micros
- Bosch, Panasonic, Axis, and Wren Solutions cameras
- Structured cabling systems for voice and data networks (Category 5e, 6 and fiber)
- Camera and DVR systems, including IP Cameras
- Basic installation and configuration of switches, routers, phones and phone systems, and other network devices