Position Overview: The summer camp counselor position was created to provide supervise/manage youngsters age 7 10 years old in activities at the Utah Olympic Park and with local sport programs.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Camp season: June 14 17,21 24,28 July 1 July 12 15,19 -22 and 26 - 29
- Supervise/manage youngsters from 8.30 4.30 pm during camp dates.
- Meet with parents prior to and at the end of each day.
- Organize and lead campers each morning to activities at the UOP such as ropes course, zip lines, tubing.
- Organize and implement sport or other activities in mornings to fill time not used by UOP activities.
- Supervise campers in between activities including lunch.
- Drive campers to afternoon local activities
- Supervise youngsters during transport to offsite activities.
- Supervise youngsters during off site activities.
- Staff should be actively involved in all activities. Helping with extra needs, kids that are disinterested, or those that may need to leave the activity for any reason.
- Leave no child unattended.
- Be positive, encouraging and provide equal attention to each camper
- Manage/communicate with parents as it pertains to their child and the childs experience in the camp
- Ensure campers are taking environmental factors into consideration during camp
- Sun Block
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Strong sport background and experience
- Ability to relate to children
- Experience working with children in a sport environment not required but recommended.
- Highly motivated with leadership skills
- Understand the cognitive, social and physical make up of children 7- 10 years old.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must pass background check
- Take Safe Sport certification course
- Experience working with children.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to be outdoors for extended periods of time
- Ability to play games with children
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Safe Sport certification
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.