EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Care Administration, or related field.
- Certificate in medical billing.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in medical/dental billing (including Medicaid), provider relations, delivery system revenue cycle management, and/or network development.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in medical/dental billing (including Medicaid), provider relations, delivery system revenue cycle management, and/or network development.
- Customer service experience.
- Patient scheduling experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Strong understanding of Medicaid provider contracting, billing, and revenue cycles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present effectively to external and internal stakeholders.
- Solid business and financial acumen.
- Skilled at monitoring budgets and making appropriate adjustments as necessary.
- Skilled at attention to detail and managing projects to satisfactory completion.
- Highly skilled in electronic health record systems.
- Proficient with Office 365 suite, with special emphasis on spreadsheets.
- Creative Problem solver.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across the organization.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects or tasks.
- Ability to train and keep staff updated regarding treatment codes.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to embrace and promote Medical Teams’ Calling and Core Values.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to partners, volunteers, and the public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to:
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder.
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme hot or cold weather, and very basic living conditions.