From now through July, we are offering new Direct Service Professionals some AMAZING items, just for joining the team!
You can have your pick from:
- Gym membership
- Streaming Subscription (Hulu, Netflix, Spotify)
- Stitch Fix credit
- Meal Subscription Service
- Personal Day Off
- Flat Sum Bonus
Read below to learn more about us and the position!
Do something positive and impactful.
At Community Catalysts of California, we strive to create an impassioned and fulfilling environment for both our clients and employees. We have been in action for 30 years and have worked tirelessly towards generating a positive impact in our communities. Community Catalysts of California offers a variety of services to people within the full spectrum of types of disabilities. Every day our professional staff members are committed to people with disabilities to help them succeed in their daily lives, work, home and communities. If you are interested in serving your community and becoming a valued asset to our team, please read ahead!
A Little About the Role:
We are looking for exceptional individuals to work with our clients in the Independent Living Program or Supported Living Program. This position pays $14.00 per hour and offers a flexible, part-time schedule in the North County area. Our Independent Living and Supported Living Programs are two areas that Direct Service Aids may provide support in. Both of these programs are created with the purpose to assist adults with disabilities and provide them a better quality of life. This may be achieved in the following ways.
The overall goal in the Supported Living Program is to provide assistance and training to both the client and an additional support person. As a Direct Service Aide, you may work in:
- Training and support services provided in a client’s home to allow them to be successful in living in the community
- Developing a support team that will help them make a written plan
- Participation in a realistic assessment of their interests, abilities and experiences in their own community
- Aiding in personal hygiene, chores, errands, and other necessary goals
- Having access to adaptive systems and equipment that make learning and living easier
- Overall improvement in quality of life
- Integration into the community by participating in activities of their choosing
- Learning new or improving their existing skills for living and accessing the community
The overall goal in the Independent Living Program is to help clients with gaining the necessary skills in having a home or apartment with minimal assistance. As a Direct Service Aide, you may work in:
- Assisting clients with cooking, cleaning, shopping, and budgeting
- Fostering skills in self-sufficiency
- Community integration, socialization, or any other goals that may foster independence for your clients
- Aiding in the development of self-reliance through support, counseling, and training within the home
- Helping with medication management, money management, household maintenance, meal planning, transportation training, and other support services
Job duties are performed 1:1 at the client’s home or out in the community.
Our Direct Service Aides Achieve Success By:
- Providing the client with appropriate and effective services such as support and training programs
- Serving each client in the least restrictive environment
- Increasing the independence of all clients served
- Assisting each person with improving his/her quality of life
- Participating in client evaluations through task analysis and other requested assessment devices
- Providing direct service as needed and required
- Performing all duties of a direct service provider as assigned.
If you think you can make a positive impact in someone’s life, apply today and join our team!