The Communications Associate – Content and Strategy is a vital part of the Communications team. The Coordinator is involved in all aspects of organizational content development, including writing, editing, and concept design. The job involves work with the organization’s website, social media, email marketing, and public relations. This position supports the Development department and ASNC’s special events. The Coordinator manages part-time employees, interns, and volunteers. Occasional travel, night, and weekend work is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing, editing, and coordination of agency collateral (includes but not limited to: annual report, brochures, special event materials, posters, banners, and email marketing efforts.)
- Writing, editing, and coordination of educational materials for populations served by ASNC (includes but not limited to: news magazine, blogs, toolkits, topical newsletters, and tip sheets)
- Maintaining website: editing content, ensuring content is up to date, coordinating additions with other departments
- Optimization of content for various audiences and mediums (web, print, social)
- Social media: monitoring, creating content, and maintaining schedule
- Project management involving implementing a system of customer response and care, collaboration with other departments, and coordinating adherence to a schedule.
- Coordination of long-term campaigns through social media, email, and published materials
- Public and media relations
- Assist with publicity, coordination, and implementation of organization events by serving on planning teams and working groups
- Assist Director of Communications and other Communications staff as needed
- Seek opportunities for story-telling about the organization and populations served
- Other duties as assigned in support of the mission of the organization.