PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Life Insurance provided by the employer
- Short- and long- term disability plans
- PTO accrual plan
- Closed Sundays
- IT certification tuition reimbursement
- Competitive wages
- Working with awesome people!
- Changing lives
The Assistant Director of Education is responsible for managing the education department on their campus. It includes but not limited to managing full-time Instructors, Flex Instructors, Lab Assistants, ITAs, and Substitute Instructors. They will work with the Campus Director and Director of Education for Ground Campuses to oversee all the administrative functions and assist in developing strategic initiatives and long-term planning and implementing of policies.
The ideal candidate is an experienced higher education administrator and trainer with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. You understand the theories of how adults learn and are able to support Campuses to plan and coordinate instructional objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an Assistant Director of Education, you will:
- Perform the first-week on-board training for new instructors on their campus and all ongoing campus instructor training.
- Conduct Instructor weekly one-on-one meetings and ensure that all students are reaching satisfactory academic progress at midpoint and graduation.
- Meet weekly with the Campus Director to report and review the overall status of the education department for the campus.
- Meet weekly the Director of Education – Ground Campus to report and review the overall status and progress of the education department for the campus.
- Manage communication with students with attendance issues.
- Perform Instructor classroom observations for their campus and ensure that these are performed on-time and reviewed and recorded with the Human Resources Department.
- Manage student’s certification progression to achieve Career Services eligibility.
- Manage the constant progression and updating of instructor certifications to ensure they are current within compliance rules and regulations.
- Manage and develop continuing education for Instructors when they arrive on campus to ensure they are adequately prepared to teach and coach students to success
- Identify and onboard new Flex Instructors, Lab Assistants and Information Technology Assistants (ITAs) and provide them with initial and developmental training
- Provide continual training and coaching to all Instructors, ITAs and Flex Instructors with the goal of transforming well-qualified educational staff to fill future successive roles within the company.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team, focusing on respect, and setting an example by displaying our core values.
- Contribute to the selection of new Instructors on your campus
- Assist the Campus Director and oversee compliance and ensure regulations and requirements for all regulatory bodies are always being maintained for the education department.
- Cultivate a team culture by sharing excitement and passion for our mission of changing student lives.
- Manage and maintain all educational employees PTOs and absences
- Serve as a primary member of Campus Leadership driving all campus functions in the event of a vacancy in the Campus Director role
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent computer skills and commitment to the use of technology.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Confidentiality is a must for this role.
- Ethical conduct at all times.
- Positive and helpful attitude.
- Exemplify core values: Ethical, Customer 1st, Love, Excellence
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of in-class teaching or training experience in a formal educational setting is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of practical work experience in the IT industry (within the last ten years) is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of team management or supervisory experience preferred
- Candidates with a different combination of instructional and technical training experience and practical work experience will be considered.
- Pro-active and organized.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Travel Expectancy: 20% - 25%
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other duties, as assigned by their manager.