Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the Master Scheduler will be responsible for planning the manufacturing facility to meet customer shipment requirements and maintain business objectives for lean manufacturing. This role translates customer product demand schedules into achievable manufacturing schedules that insure on-time delivery, build to schedule, level loading, inventory turns, etc. that are aligned with company goals. This role has constant interface with every level of the organization (Program Management, Production, Purchasing, Engineering, etc).
• Develops the overall master schedule in a way that prioritizes manufacturing operations based on customer need and operation efficiencies. Optimize use of MRP system for increased efficiency across multiple levels of organization. Systems expert.
• Proactively review material supply and demand to determine push/pull actions appropriate to impact manufacturing MPS and supply MRP exception messages.
• Generating capacity feasible production plans – and identifying overtime needs or capacity change requirements.
• Mentor direct reports and provide guidance on priorities, problem solving and conflict resolution. Foster a positive team environment centered around teamwork and accountability.
• Provide input to a cross-functional, fully integrated SIOP process that incorporates capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
• Monitors/reports on Manufacturing attainment to the production plan and expedites as required - communicates on-time delivery issues to Program Management as issues arise.
• Manages MRP data and ensures optimization of output – continually improves scheduling methods/systems to meet inventory, production efficiency and on-time delivery goals.
• Coordinates with purchasing, production, engineering, quality and customer programs to achieve customer required delivery dates.
• Manages change activity at the work order level and works with manufacturing to ensure timely and accurate material management/reporting practices and procedures.
• Improve forecasting tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects. Assess impact to materials availability and production schedule from customer sales opportunities
• Assists with NPI projects (i.e. new product/customer ramp-up plans).
• Drive, promote and develop positive communication with Customer Programs to improve forecast accuracy.
• Provides regular and proactive input to the associated function leaders in the areas of capacity planning, surge capacity needs and consumption, forecasting accuracy and cost savings opportunities related to production scheduling.