Provides enterprise-wide operational and strategic oversight of the APA, which has a $55M budget, about 200 employees and over 38K physicians in 100 countries. Responsible for working throughout the organization to develop and implement strategies that improve members services, build brand recognition, produce member value, encourage best practices, propel change management, improve operational effectiveness, encourage innovation, and drive revenue generation. The position is also responsible for providing executive leadership for the following departments with over 30 staff and a $20 million budget: Membership and Marketing, Information Technology, Governance, International Relations, and District Branch/State Relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operations, Strategic Development and Coordinator
- Ensure operational efficiencies and effective organization structure to accomplish results.
- Responsible for forming cross-functional teams to implement organizational initiatives of the Board of Trustees and the CEO & Medical Director to achieve results.
- Develop programs and resources that meet the evolving needs of APAs membership components, especially those who are in training or early career.
- Periodically review and evaluate programs throughout the organization to make recommendations regarding their maintenance, improvement, or discontinuation.
- Influence and facilitate the analytical work performed by staff assigned to units throughout the organization to coordinate efforts and ensure the information is broadly disseminated to inform decision making, stimulate new ideas, eliminate duplication, and better utilize staff capacity.
- Collaborate across all units to gather intelligence, identify what is working and what is not, and design better ways to deploy resources and stimulate collaboration across the organization.
- Promote an organizational culture that is sensitive and responsive to the needs, interests, and values of the entire membership.
- Works with the CEO and Medical Director to maintain equilibrium between revenue producing and mission driven areas.
- Has signing authority for the organization with the CEO and CFO.
- Located in the CEO and Medical Directors Office with the Chief of Staff, helps to coordinate workflow and resolve emerging political issues.
- Departments and Fiscal Responsibility
- Provide executive leadership of the Membership and Marketing Department, Information Technology, Governance, International Relations, and District Branch/State Relations.
- Responsible for establishing policies and procedures to manage the daily operations of support activities in the departments of responsibility and across the organization.
- Responsible for generating over 33% of APAs revenue, managing a budget of $20 Million and directly overseeing 30 plus staff in addition to cross-functional teams.
- Maintain and enhance IT infrastructure, operations, and applications to support day-to-day APA functions and various long-term, organizational goals.
- Develop appropriate APA strategies, messages, and delivery channels to engage current members and to recruit new members.
- Responsible for managing APAs relationship with its 74 District Branches/State Associations and the World Psychiatric Association (WPA).
- Collect and distribute $5 million in dues revenue to the Districts Branches and State Associations of the APA.
- Build relationships with psychiatric medical associations throughout the world and look for opportunities to increase international membership.
- Work with the Board, APA Assembly (elected representatives from the States/District Branches In our Congress and other governance components to facilitate communication of initiatives, organize responses to emerging issues, and ensure the smooth functioning of governance within the Association.
- Develop and evaluate marketing strategies; strengthen and manage APAs brand; and ensure good data governance policies and procedures across departments.
- Work with the Chiefs of the Divisions on their programs and how it relates to the Administrative and programmatic initiatives of the Chief Operating and Strategy Officer.
- Other duties as assigned