Lead, and implement all functions of financial planning, reporting and analysis and will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of budgets, financial models, ad hoc reporting and forecasts. Prepare and distribute financial reporting packages and variance analyses to management and volunteer committees, synthesizing key findings to improve company performance. Coordinate and support the activities of the Associations Finance and Budget Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading, coordinating and supporting a wide range of business, budgeting, forecasting and financial analyses to support the Chief Financial Officer, Department Chiefs and program managers.
- Preparation of annual operating and capital budgets and management reports to interpret the budget requests.
- Develops guidelines, schedules, policies, and procedures for budget preparation. Provides training and guidance to staff. Works directly with senior staff to resolve budget issues and assist budget administrators in budget preparation and interpretation.
- Develops budget reports and maintains a wide range of schedules that provide interpretive budget analysis for senior management and committees.
- Provide grant reports, ensuring contracts are properly accounted for and reporting to program managers and external grantors is timely and accurate
- Provide explanations on variances between actual results and budgeted/forecasted financials and work with program and finance leaders to develop corrective action plans.
- Engage in active dialogue with program leaders to find growth opportunities, identify profit levers and influence field level decision making.
- Will take a leading role in defining and implementing a holistic view of how business performance should be evaluated and communicated, including identifying drivers behind key metrics and opportunities for exception reporting.
- Prepares reports for the Board of Trustees, and Finance & Budget Committee, Investment Oversight Committee, and other committees as required. Position will interact with Directors and Executives, managers, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.