The incumbent provides program management and conducts evaluations for the public education programs of the APA Foundation, related, but not limited to school-based mental health and mental health in the justice system. Primary responsibilities will include: management of operational aspects of the programs which includes data tracking, performing evaluation and research, and maintaining Learning Management System (LMS). The incumbent will also facilitate a workgroup of APA/APAF fellows and support marketing and funding activities for the programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with APAF Program Directors to develop, enhance, and implement public education programs.
- Support the planning, organization, and management of the direct delivery and the trainer certification for the school-based mental health program.
- Maintain Learning Management System (LMS) and online components of the programs and update program content on multimedia platforms.
- Support the planning, development, implementation of the APA Foundations justice programing efforts. Manage the interaction with established partnerships and new partnerships.
- Support other Foundation initiatives as needed
- Work with external and internal partners to promote programs to the general public and APA Members to increase program visibility, funding, and sustainability.
- Identify diverse and strategic opportunities for outreach and marketing of APAF programs.
- Develop and write program narratives to support Development Team efforts, including grant proposals.
- Foster and maintain strong, effective working relationships with important stakeholders involved in the development and implementation of the APAF programs and incorporate evaluation efforts to produce effective promotional materials.
- Work with APAF Program Director and other partners to research and evaluate programmatic efforts.
- Track program data, perform assessments, and analyze findings to improve program components, address learner knowledge gaps, and develop educational resources.
- Work with APAF Program Director to oversee the program research and evaluation efforts. Provide knowledge and skills of research and evaluation at least at an intermediate level.
- Ensure identification and onboarding of program evaluation components and maintain effective relationships.
- Work with APAF Program Director in writing and reporting study findings. Along with understanding the results of the evaluation findings and implications for the breadth, reach and effectiveness of Foundation programs
- Perform other duties as assigned