Join us in doing something that matters!
At Community Catalysts of California (CCC) we strive to create an impassioned and fulfilling environment for both our clients and employees. We have been in action for 30 years and have worked tirelessly towards generating a positive impact in our communities. Veterans Community Services (VCS) is a dimension of CCC that is dedicated to providing services for the military service members and Veterans of our nation. If you are interested in serving your community and our VCS office, please read ahead!
POSITION PURPOSE: The Housing Coordinator acts as a vital role within the Veterans Community Services program. The purpose of this role is to provide exceptional services to the homeless and homeless Veteran population through advocacy and empowerment. The Housing Coordinator’s goal is to assist the Veteran population by coordinating, conducting and securing permanent housing options/placements for Veterans Community Services participants. The Housing Coordinator also exemplifies CCC/VCS’s core values of people, integrity, fun, innovation, and compassion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Housing Coordinator is the staff member chosen to be responsible for but not limited to performing the following essential job duties:
- Conduct landlord outreach and education in order to develop a network of landlords available to rent to participants.
- Support Case Coordinators with ongoing housing search services and services related to securing and maintaining housing.
- Identify and secure available permanent housing opportunities for participants as needed.
- Be responsive to landlord questions, and needs, and update assigned Case Coordinator on issues that may impact housing.
- Assist Case Coordinator with providing follow up services to landlords including on-site visits, monthly phone contacts and recording up to date participant and landlord information.
- Liaise between the landlord and tenant (participant).
- Maintain positive communications and relationships with individuals in cooperative agencies, property managers, landlords, housing resources, and involved members of families and participants.
- Coordinate with the local housing authorities/landlord engagement committees and others that provide landlord incentives available for VCS use.
- Maintain an inventory list of all landlords and housing placements.
- Develop and maintain all records, reports documentation required by the funding agency and the needs of the Program for tracking and progress purposes.
- Organize, plan and lead networking events, program activities and groups.
- Complete in a timely manner all logs, reports, and participant evaluations as required.
- Prepare, submit, and deliver rental related Temporary Financial Assistance (TFA’s) checks.
- Provide direct service as needed and required.
- Perform all duties as assigned.
- Provides and attends all required meetings and in-services as assigned.
- Completes all required training within required deadlines.
- Complies with all safety standards and practices.