- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a Food Handlers & Tips card within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum one year experience in beverage or food service
- Good math skills for proper handling of money.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to operate an electronic Point of Sale system.
- Ability to recognize when and how to stop serving a guest showing signs of intoxication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serving alcoholic drinks only to those 21 years old or older. Bartenders should ask for proof of age always.
- Prepare and serve various snacks.
- Receive and record all monetary transactions.
- Safely operate a gas powered beverage cart.
- Maintain a clean and orderly cart at all times.
- Project yourself in a positive and professional manner with members, guests and co-workers at all times.
- Inspect cart to see that maintenance problems are corrected promptly, reporting these problems to the Manager.
- Keep work area properly stocked, must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds for 25 yards.
- Follow all applicable State of UT DABC Laws and Standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Work as a Team Player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments.
This job may require extended periods of sitting, standing, or walking at various times. This job requires the ability to lift items weighing upwards of 25 lbs to shoulder height, as well as repetitive lifting and stacking activities. This Job is performed primarily outdoors and may include extended periods of time exposed to sun, heat, or cold. Job requires operation of a gas powered vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
Job Type: Part-time
Experience: Beverage sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
License: Food Handlers & Tips Card
Additional Compensation: Tips
Slate Canyon Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.