Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for an Overnight Support Services Coordinator to join the Women and Children’s Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Overnight Support Services Coordinator works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program- responsible for maintaining facility safety, order, cleanliness and back-up assistance to other staff.
Our Women and Children’s Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Thursday from 10:30 PM - 6:30 AM
Essential Job Duties
- Perform random and frequent walks through the entire interior of the building. Record evening report in staff log at the end of each shift.
- Perform Breathalyzer tests and Urine Analysis drug screens for individuals entering the building after curfew or returning from the hospital.
- Handle issues that may arise with individuals during the overnight.
- Do occasional room check or searches as needed.
- Respond to emergency calls on overnight phone and ECP room alarms.
- Assess and record safety hazards and maintenance needs.
- Perform janitorial duties including duties left over from evening shift.
- Assist with a variety of administrative duties.
- Model Christ in all encounters with guests and hold guests accountable to program guidelines by leading them to self-evaluations when necessary.
- Handle office telephones and monitor incoming persons.
- Record and organize messages for clients and staff.
- Provide referrals for callers when necessary.
- Help maintain a positive, pleasant, Christian atmosphere at Hope Place.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Mission’s Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Strong love for the Lord and for people.
- Janitorial and cleaning skills
- Clerical and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience working with a diverse population.
- Ability to work in cooperation with the other Mission staff.
- Good attention to detail and follow-through.