- Minimum graduate-level knowledge of chemistry and/or life sciences with several years’ basic research or relevant commercial experience. MSc or PhD is an advantage.
- Commercial & scientific acumen and the ability to prepare project proposals and reports.
- Experience of using own initiative and needing minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent IT skills; including experience of working with databases, Office Outlook, Excel and Word.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal interaction skills and a collaborative approach to working with colleagues.
- Highly motivated with demonstrative interpersonal, presentation & organizational skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic about science and great products.
- General business skills such as negotiation, strong organizational skills, problem solving and fact-based decision making.
- Self-starter who is able to demonstrate a high level of initiative.
- Curiosity, problem solving and determined attitude.
- Extremely proficient in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and software.
- Professional demeanour
Bio-Techne, An Employer Of Choice
- Competitive base salary and annual performance-based salary reviews.
- A comprehensive benefits package including a generous Bupa health and dental cover, Life Assurance, Long-term Absence Cover, My Work/Life Solutions and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Participation in a highly favourable pension scheme with up to 9 % employer contribution (depending on employee contribution eg. 6 % employee, 9 % employer).
- Occupational support such as the Employee Assistant Programme
- Training support as required, in addition to a bi-yearly offering of a variety of facilitator-lead courses through the Bio-Techne Learning and Development Initiative and regular on-site Lunch & Learn talks from industry and academic leaders in the field
- Conference attendance
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Core working hours of 10am-12pm and 2-4pm.
- Flexible working arrangements (on a case by case basis)
- In-work perks such as free car parking, coffee and tea and fruit bowl
- Regular social events such as complementary lunchtime on-site sports classes, “pub”-quizzes, pizza lunches, escape rooms, go-karting and many more.
We are looking forward to reading your application.
In order to qualify for this position, you will need to be authorised to live and work in the UK.
At Bio-Techne we appreciate and value diversity. We are seeking to attract, develop and retain talented people that will contribute to the overall success of our business. We have a supportive and flexible working environment, with commitment from all levels of the organisation in promoting equality.