JNR is seeking a Software Engineer I to join our team. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, technical knowledge of all stages of software development, problem-solving abilities and a strong work ethic.
This position will provide analytical, technical and administrative support in the creation of customized web sites and databases and will be involved in all aspects of architecting, implementing, and maintaining web applications. The Software Engineer I will be under the direction of a Engineer II and may also be required to interface with internal business clients and external clients.
You will be joining a small team with large aspirations we want to build our future in the Incentive services industry. You must be able to operate and contribute to a team environment and not be afraid to put your stamp on the organization. Most importantly, our team is very serious about holding each other accountable for contributing to team goals, objectives, and deliverables. This candidate must also have experience working within one of the following development stacks in AWS: LAMP, MERN, or MEVN.
- Responsible for full life cycle of a software development, which includes analysis, review, design specifications, programming, testing, documenting, testing accuracy and dependability, debugging and maintenance.
- Develop, document, maintain, test and train end-users on in-house software.
- Be knowledgeable in systems management concepts, design, installation and technical troubleshooting.
- Ability to work in a team environment and produce deliverables according to plan and organizational objectives.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate under minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented and willing to address issues completely without taking shortcuts.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education required: BA/BS from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of CMS systems
- Experience in responsive/mobile first web development
- Ability to handle fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges
- Ability to work independently and effectively in groups
- Ability to communicate and work in a team based atmosphere
- Ability to deliver on time and budget
- Clean Code principles
- Familiarity with PCI Standards a bonus
- Familiarity with SCRUM helpful
- Knowledge of Drupal very helpful
- Codeception/PHPUnit Experience
- Gitlab based Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker
- Experience with build automation technologies like Jenkins
- Various monitoring tools like Datadog, ELK Stack, or Rollbar
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance plans
- 401K and financial planning
- PTO + Sick Days + Get your birthday off!
- 12 paid Holidays
- Business casual work environment
- Access to Gym and Game room in building
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear: sit at a desk, work under florescent lighting, and look at a computer for a long period of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JNR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. JNR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
In accordance with local Fair Chance Ordinance(s), qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, will be considered for employment.
We participate in E-Verify.