This position will teach courses in the Diagnosis and Radiology department. Duties include preparing/presenting lectures, composing and grading quizzes, practical and written exams, and assisting students in developing their psychomotor skills required when performing patient evaluations, chiropractic adjustments and ancillary procedures.
The term “Faculty” is limited to regular personnel at Palmer whose regular assignment includes instruction, research and/or public service as a principal activity and who hold academic rank as Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant professor or Instructor. Faculty play an important role in curriculum and policy development; faculty are planners who must constantly look to the long-term future of education and discovery. The faculty is expected to work closely with students, other faculty and administration of the College in promoting interests of the Palmer University System and it’s strategic plan.
- Responsible to the assigned administrator and has a support responsibility to all other departments and college personnel as necessary.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of department personnel and others as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Faculty duties fall under several areas: teaching, scholarly work, service/citizenship and advising/mentorship. Some faculty may also have patient care responsibilities as part of their assignment. Specifically, the following activities are expected of all faculty:
- Preparation and presentation of individual lectures.
- Course syllabus management, contents review.
- Development and administration of formative and summative assessments.
- Contribute to the development, administration and grading of course evaluations.
- Maintain appropriate office hours as required.
- Coordinate all learning activities.
- Proctoring exams and other responsibilities related to teaching and advising.
- Serve on appointed committees, task forces and other teams.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with Palmer’s Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.