GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Day Camp Coordinator take a leadership role in camp program development and oversight of daily program activities as well as, train, manage, and motivate staff to provide effective and inspirational activities and a safe, positive environment.
REPORTABILITY: Camp Executive Director
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position requires the individual to perform a broad range of activities and duties needing full range of motion, including manual and finger dexterity and hand and eye coordination. The position requires correct vision; speech and hearing of normal range, or special accommodations will be made of sufficient nature for completion of assigned tasks. Requires seated work at a desk, including use of a computer, and the ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. The position also requires the ability to drive and occasionally requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work involves active, indoor and outdoor environment. Employee must have the ability to provide a welcome and supportive experience for guests who participate in camp programs.
- Maintaining the health and safety of all campers, staff and participants is the #1 priority of YMCA Camp Cha-La-Kee at all times.
- Help create, plan, schedule, implement and evaluate all camp programs.
- Ensure that all applicable YMCA, ACA, local, state and federal regulations are fulfilled.
- Train, motivate and evaluate staff.
- Serve as a mentor to an established group of Summer Program Staff and Leaders throughout the summer.
- Maintain the highest standard of safety and quality at all times.
- Develop and maintain good public relations with parents and families of campers.
- Be flexible and assist in any and all areas of YMCA Camp Cha-La-Kee as needed and directed.
- Encourage and assist in developing new ideas for camp programs and activities.
- Help establish and maintain smooth logistics and master scheduling of camp, especially the transportation process of campers.
- Develop and monitor all emergency systems that will ensure camper and participant safety at all times.
- Keep and submit accurate records (attendance, accident, maintenance repairs, etc.) in a timely fashion.