GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Responsible for participation in team work with other lifeguards and monitoring various pools to ensure safe operations.
REPORTABILITY: Aquatics Director
SUPERVISION: Camp Executive Director
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position requires the individual to perform a broad range of activities and duties needing full range of motion, including manual and finger dexterity and hand and eye coordination. Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility, with or without reasonable accommodation. Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness. See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility, with or without reasonable accommodation. Requires seated work at a desk, including use of a computer, and the ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. It also requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work involves active aquatic environment.
- Communicate and promote the YMCA mission, goals and objectives to employees, volunteers and the community at large.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to insure a safe aquatic environment is maintained at the YMCA aquatic facility.
- Maintain accurate records and reports.
- Maintain current adult, infant and child CPR, AED and Lifesaving certifications.
- Ensure that all swim programs are carried out according to Heart of the Valley YMCA Association standards.
- Ensure that all chemicals are balanced and maintained on regular bases.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Perform routine maintenance of the pool and surrounding areas to ensure cleanliness.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned by the Branch Director or Coordinator.