GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
YMCA Camp Cha-La-Kee Camp Counselors live in the cabin with campers ages 7 to 14 (5 to 12 for mini-camp) and provide care for camper physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual well-being. Camp Counselors are also responsible for providing a fun and enjoyable experience for campers and leading camp activities.
REPORTABILITY: Camp Executive Director
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position requires the individual to perform a broad range of activities and duties needing full range of motion, including manual and finger dexterity and hand and eye coordination. The position requires corrected vision, speech and hearing to normal range, or special accommodations made of sufficient nature for completion of assigned tasks. Requires seated work at a desk, including use of a computer, and the ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. The position also requires the ability to drive and occasionally requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work involves living in cabin with co-counselors and campers, as well as, moving smoothly and swiftly over rough and rugged terrain daily in all weather conditions.
- Communicate and promote the YMCA mission, goals and objectives to employees, volunteers and the community at large.
- Promote a safe and positive atmosphere during scheduled working hours.
- Identifies and resolves problem areas to ensure member/camper satisfaction and maintain the highest quality of programs and services.
- Enhance the physical and emotional well-being of each camper.
- Supervise campers at all times.
- Inform Supervisor of any incident with staff or campers.
- Provide guidance and structure based on Camp Cha-La-Kee policy.
- Lead a cabin chat (devotion) every night.
- Insure campers attend all camp functions on time.
- Facilitate all camp activities as needed.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned by the Camp Director.