GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Waterfront Director at YMCA Camp Cha-La-Kee will create and coordinate all aspects of a high-quality aquatic atmosphere, including both lake and swimming pool areas, as well as, engage and serve the needs of campers. The Waterfront Director will be responsible for maintaining the highest standards in every aspect of the waterfront program and represents the YMCA in a professional manner exemplifying the YMCA Core Values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
REPORTABILITY: Camp Executive Director
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position requires the individual to perform a broad range of activities and duties needing full range of motion, including manual and finger dexterity and hand and eye coordination. The position requires corrected vision, speech and hearing to normal range, or special accommodations made of sufficient nature for completion of assigned tasks. Requires seated work at a desk, including use of a computer, and the ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. The position also requires the ability to drive and occasionally requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work involves assuming responsibility for the safe and effective management of the entire Aquatics program including staff, campers, and equipment.
- Communicate and promote the YMCA mission, goals and objectives to employees, volunteers and the community at large.
- Promote a safe and positive atmosphere during scheduled working hours.
- Identify and resolve problem areas to ensure member/camper satisfaction and maintain the highest quality of programs and services.
- Enhance the physical and emotional wellbeing of each camper.
- Train staff on current aquatic guidelines and techniques.
- Maintain all pool and lake equipment and facilities.
- Provide guidance and structure based on Camp Cha-La-Kee water front procedures.
- Plan and implement swim tests as needed.
- Supervise all lifeguards.
- Serve as a lifeguard.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned by the Camp Director.