- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Marketing, Public Relations or closely related field
- 3 years’ volunteer management experience; community organizing and advocacy experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills with the ability to cultivate and maintain long-term relationships
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision (oversight); take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint) and understanding of volunteer management databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to cultivate positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a proven track record of meeting deadlines and juggling commitments and tasks; strong ability to prioritize
- Ability to use creativity to plan and execute tasks; ability to be resourceful
- A sense of humor
The Fortune Society encourages individuals to apply who have successfully made the transition from incarceration and/or substance abuse into a stable, productive lifestyle in the community.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Will require local travel to our program sites and citywide meetings where appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, citizenship status, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.