This electrical designer position requires experience in electrical systems for commercial, industrial, assisted living and retail buildings. Successful candidates will be involved with: construction document creation; technical design; execute project production schedules; coordination with other professional disciplines and will work under a licensed professional engineer in a collaborative team environment.
The tasks you'll perform involve:
- Electrical load calculations
- Electrical system sizing and specification
- Create single-line diagrams; panel schedules
- Working on projects using AutoCAD and REVIT, creating construction documents and models
- Attend meetings and learn from listening, asking questions and discussion
- Coordinate with other design disciplines, vendors (equipment suppliers) and clients in order to execute project work plans
Within the first year, you'll be putting together preliminary layout drawings, calculations and reports to more complex construction documents and reporting. You'll also learn about multi-disciplinary design and will gain an understanding of the building design and construction industry. You may assist in construction administration on contractor submittal review and addressing contractor questions. By the end of your first year you will continue the development of your detailed design, modeling and engineering design skills and you will begin to teach skills to new hires/graduates.
Some travel within the US may be required to confirm scope of work and photograph existing conditions of electrical systems, switch gear, lighting etc approximately 10%15% of the time.