This is professional work involving the management of maintenance, repair and general mechanical services to all JAA buildings and the leadership and management of assigned collective bargaining unit personnel. The work requires extensive knowledge and experience relating to the management and leadership of full-spectrum building maintenance, project management, and contract management activities. The incumbent will be able to demonstrate the ability to couple proven technical skills with leadership and soft skills to effectively lead and manage human capital, projects, infrastructure and systems and other allocated resources. The work is performed in office and field environments. Position is on call 24-hours a day, 7-days per week.
- Manages and oversees personnel, infrastructure, equipment, systems and resources spanning the entire building maintenance area of responsibility.
- Manages projects in accordance with Project Management Institute (PMI) principles, to include but not limited to participating in charter development, planning scope management, creating and approving work breakdown schedules, managing communication, monitoring scope compliance, and accepting deliverables.
- Monitors contractor performance, manages progress, communicates status to stakeholders. Corrects applicable contract performance issues directly as they relate to technical errors or omissions, and/or any safety related incidents.
- Performs personnel management responsibilities to include, but not limited to conducting performance management, coaching and mentoring, and application of employee improvement strategies.
- Develops and executes employee schedules in accordance with airport maintenance priorities, skillsets, and applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- Develops and oversees a specialized maintenance training and career progression program to ensure a posture of sustainability and growth.
- Implements and monitors section occupational safety and health program, ensures compliance to include proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and training.
- Plans and manages preventative maintenance and repairs; replaces and maintains utility systems in the following trades: electrical, mechanical, fire alarm and suppression systems, HVAC, chiller and related systems to include associated building automation system (BAS).
- Manages a variety of related work operations and functions involving multiple departments, tenants, and additional stakeholders through subordinate leaders.
- Provides information and status to senior manager on the section’s ability to accomplish work assignments as scheduled, budget estimates, availability of manpower, equipment and materials. Advises on infrastructure and personnel risks and respective mitigation strategies.
- Advises senior manager regarding budget planning in evaluating building service equipment and systems- as to its state of repair and determines if additional repair costs are justified to extend usable life of equipment.
- Identifies large-scale supply requisitioning needs to senior manager for infrastructure systems, parts, materials, supplies, and critical outsourcing.
- Evaluates proposed work sites to determine resource requirements.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains work order priority program.
- Schedules, assigns and inspects the work of building maintenance personnel; provides feedback as appropriate.
- Reads blueprints, schematics and drawings to plan and evaluate work.
- Initiates daily operations purchase requisitions for materials and equipment.
- Serves as building maintenance subject-matter expert during emergency operations to include hurricane building preparation and recovery.
- Partners with local community counterparts and professional organizations to incorporate and leverage industry standards.
- Partners with facilities and additional organizational leaders to develop operational and strategic plans as related to building maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Conducts daily operational meetings.
- Attends intra- and interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Manages employee time in accordance with collective bargaining agreement and JAA policy via Human Resource Information System-Paycom.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of PMI project management principles and the ability to apply respective principles to building, systems and infrastructure projects.
- Extensive working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and related structural and mechanical trades.
- Ability to plan, assign, and coordinate maintenance and construction projects through contracts and in-house work.
- Ability to estimate time, labor and material requirements for maintenance and construction projects.
- Ability to keep records and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of applicable safety and first aid rules and procedures.
- Knowledge using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) work order system, such as Oracle Enterprise Asset Management (eAM) System or Maximo.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and verbally.
- Ability to analyze information and make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to use logic and take a systematic approach to solving technical and managerial problems.
- Ability to manage the work of team members and subordinate leaders