HFA's BIM Application Specialist will support the development, utilization, and implementation of HFA design technology best practices with a very customer service focused mind set and proven ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot for one of the following studio locations; Bentonville (AR), Franklin (MA), Fort Worth (TX).
You’ll be using this customer service mind set and demonstrated knowledge of Revit and BIM Management to support staff with over-the-shoulder (virtual) training, developing, and shadowing to these employees. You’ll also provide additional support of a 230+ person office with 3 other geographic locations. In short, this is a key role in providing smooth office operation of BIM technology with a human and personable touch.
What's cool about this job
You would join a team of four passionate BIM Application personnel with interests in architecture, engineering, and visualization. All members of our team bring ideas, contribute, and work hard with minimal supervision. We are all independent learners who stay on top of new technologies and trends. If you are a tech savvy person with a passion for it, then we are looking for you.
Within the first six months you’ll: learn HFA standards, create documentation and work as part of the corporate BIM support team providing REVIT (and occasional AutoCAD) desktop support for all in-house disciplines (Architecture, Structural, MEP, Fire Protection, Civil) across multiple studios.
Additional responsibilities over time involve:
- Create and update BIM documentation related to: research and development, workflow, standards, add-in applications, training, etc.
- Advance and strengthen relationships with the BIM team and discipline leaders by improving communication, transparency and involvement with project start up.
- Implement, adapt, and adjust strategies to adhere to most current company standards
- Content creation and maintenance. Familiarity with cloud-based content creation and maintenance is a plus
- Integration of Autodesk products with Virtual Reality applications
- Collaborate with IT Systems team on overlapping software and installation support as well as occasional hardware support as needed.
The biggest challenge for this position is maintaining a presence and support with the other studios in other geographic locations. The successful individual will be able to overcome this by being resourceful; and will likely demonstrate excellent communication skills, teaching/instruction ability; and be approachable.