Coordinate, under the direction of the Deputy Director, Global Artistic Programs and AS Museum, all arts print and web published materials, for exhibitions, programs, and special events collateral; including editorial and administrative support.
- Manage editorial consultants, including part-time and temporary editorial and design staff; responsible for recruitment, contract oversight, and payment. Maintain active bank of consultants.
- Submit proposals for exhibition catalogues to publishers; in conjunction with Deputy Director,
- Edit and proofread exhibition didactics, wall and label text, teacher guides, exhibition invitations, events calendar entries, press releases, catalogue texts, and other departmental texts; edit and proofread arts and culture event, program, and fundraising materials.
- Oversee design process for all printed and digital materials, as noted above.
- Develop and oversee printing, design, and production budgets, in conjunction with Deputy Director.
- Manage materials for designers and publishers, and exhibition and publication timelines;
- Manage acquisition and production of exhibition catalogue images, including supervision of part-time, temporary, and volunteer assistants; work with designers and printers to manage catalogue production;
- Coordinate content and develop, edit, and manage production of audio tours;
- Manage museum book inventory and distribution within Asia Society and wholesalers;
- Oversee exhibition and collection photography and provide images and information to departments within Asia Society;
- Manage communication with Art Resource and other image rights and reproductions, and maintenance of Museum photo archive;
- Manage content, edit, and coordinate implementation of exhibitions websites;
- Oversee Museums presence on AsiaSociety.org and exhibition minisites, including working with CMS.
General Museum Duties
- Performs general gallery checks and reports installation and/or maintenance problems, as needed.
- Some lifting, including boxes up to 40 lb.
- Other duties as assigned.