To assist the Executive Director and Vice President to develop and
implement a program of innovative and high-quality exhibitions and associated programs that will further enhance the reputation of the Asia Society as a leading presenter of Asian arts and culture in the United States. To build partnerships and work with colleagues to nurture support and widen impact of exhibitions.
- To develop proposals of traditional Asian art with an emphasis on new scholarship and new ideas on Asian arts and culture
- Actively soliciting or jointly developing proposals with partner museums and organizations
- To liaise with external curators to organize high-quality exhibitions of traditional Asian artbeing the main point of contact in order to manage the project in a timely and professional way.
- To identify and cultivate collectors and donors with the view to Friends of Asian Arts membership, donations of art works or support of exhibitions. (At any given time there should be 5 donors of interest.) This includes writing content narratives for grant applications.
- Documentation, interpretation, and presentation of the Mr. And Mrs. John D. Rockefeller 3rd Collection.
- To liaise with Asia Societys Centers in Hong Kong and Houston working with their staff to prepare for and present Asia Society exhibitions.
- Public lectures on the Rockefeller Collection and on exhibitions.
- Responding to questions on Asian art from public and media.
- Other duties as assigned.