- A minimum age of 23
- Hold a current and valid driver’s license with a minimum of the past 3 years
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Class B CDL with proper endorsements & DOT medical certification immediately following completion of provided training
- Class A or B CDL with P & S Endorsements
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to receive and carry out instructions to perform work duties
- Reliable attendance
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job:
- Frequently exposed to loud noise levels; fumes or airborne particles; noxious odors; vibrations from driving a bus; and traffic.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside inclement weather conditions.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel; use foot controls to drive; reach with hands and arms; climb and descend stairs with a maximum height of 17 ½ inches; bend, stoop, and kneel; and talk or hear.
- Physically able to perform and demonstrate emergency evacuation procedures. This includes the pushing/pulling of up to 50 pounds, operate two hand controls simultaneously and quickly in an emergency situation, carry or drag a person up to 125 pounds 30 feet in 30 seconds or less, exit from an emergency door opening of 24 by 48 inches at least 42 inches from the ground in 10 seconds. Must be physically able to open all emergency exits installed in any school bus they may be assigned.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, night/dusk vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
- Specific hearing includes having hearing sufficient to be aware of traffic or road distractions and conditions, must be able to hear and listen to children. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- Competitive Wages w/ flexible schedule
- Trips and extra work availability
Apple Bus strives to offer benefits that meet our employee needs. We offer part-time employee’s access to plans for medical, dental, vision, temporary and long-term disability, critical illness, accident, retirement plan contribution, plus competitive compensation with paid time off including holidays.
About Apple Bus
Apple Bus Company is a leading provider of school bus transportation. The company was founded in 2000 with just 8 buses and a focus on custom solutions and client relationships. Today, our Kansas City area-based company operates over 1,500 vehicles in eight states.
Our mission at Apple Bus company is to provide customer-focused transportation to all passengers in the most safe and reliable manner. Ensuring the safety of all passengers, employees, and customers is the number one goal of Apple Bus Company.
Employment at Apple Bus is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Apple Bus Company is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED EMPLOYER