About Community Change and Community Change Action:
Community Change builds the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to lead powerful and dynamic movements for social change. With our community-based partner groups, we bridge the grassroots and the national, supporting outsider strategies to disrupt the status quo while also building pathways to influence the insider conversation.
Our vision of a better world centers the leadership of impacted people of color to move our work on immigrant rights, economic justice, and racial equity, including a focus on jobs and housing, early childhood care and education, income supports, and immigration reform.
This position also supports Community Change Action, an affiliated 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. While motivated by the same core values – equity, inclusion, and justice – Community Change and Community Change Action operate independently of one another and each organization has its own board of directors.
Community Change and Community Change Action seek a candidate who has a passion for leveraging their technical expertise to strengthen data systems and improve staff utilization and adoption. We understand that to achieve our bold vision, we must harness the power of data and technology to build powerful movements for social change.
The Data Systems Administrator serves as the principal technical expert, developer, and user facilitator for our data systems including our Salesforce - NPSP system. They are responsible for the executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvements of our Salesforce platform. The Data Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting our capacity to operate as a data-driven organization by maintaining the integrity and performance of our database (Salesforce and related integrations) and providing support to end users through ongoing training and technical assistance. They will focus on maximizing the impact of Community Change by strengthening the position of the CRM as our one source of truth, supporting the data management needs of our programs, and facilitating accurate and reliable data with frequent reporting.
This role requires skills in technical project management, process administration, and team leadership. The ideal candidate thrives in a team and collaborative environment, is end-user focused, and has an exceptional ability to solve complex problems.
- Serve as the primary systems administrator for the Salesforce - NPSP database platform.
- Manage all administrative functions including user maintenance, workflows, reports, and dashboards.
- Provide day to day user support and answer user questions, troubleshoot configuration defects and process gaps.
- Strengthen the culture of data and technology throughout the organization through strong user engagement, accurate data, analytics, and reporting.
- Collaborate with users and stakeholders and look for ways and opportunities to improve user and client experience.
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades; ensure relevant data practices strengthen organizational compliance.
- Advise on the creation of secure user access protocols that allow staff to accurately and efficiently update the CRM in order for the organization to make transparent, data-driven decisions in real time.
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests, improving existing applications, data migrations, and Salesforce integration.
- Lead training of new and existing users, guide users with best practices, and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization.
- Help develop and maintain Salesforce governance strategy and high data integrity.
- Support the data systems roadmap planning by gathering requirements from stakeholders, designing and configuring system changes, conducting appropriate testing, and ultimately launching new and/or enhanced developments with end-users.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience with Salesforce NPSP (or similar) CRM administration.
- Minimum of 5 years in a progressive data and technology environment.
- Experience working across a wide range of technologies; preference with Salesforce NPSP, Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s Email Studio, NetSuite, Microsoft 365, and Google Suite.
- Preference for experience working in 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) non-profit organizations.
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving skills and outcomes/results-orientation.
- Understanding of user environments: applications, training and adoption, and use of data.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, and effective working relationships throughout the organization.
- Sets strategic priorities and effectively meets deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong commitment and passion to building the political power of low-income communities, particularly people of color.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Experience and comfort working in complex, multi-issue and multi-cultural environments.
- Commitment to economic, race and gender justice essential.
This position reports to: Director of Integrated Technology
Classification: Community Change recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in Community Change’s bargaining unit and covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
Travel Requirements: Low
Salary and Benefits: $80,000 – $90,000 annual salary. Community Change also offers an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of annual paid vacation; additional paid holiday leave between December 24 and January 1; 8% employer contribution to retirement account after six months of employment (and 3% employer contribution for the first 6 months); and a choice of generous health insurance plans.
Position Location: Community Change/Action is based in Washington, DC. Remote work is acceptable, however periodic visits to the DC office will be required upon the office reopening from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations, a resume, and two writing samples.
Community Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer