CHANGE LIVES. INCLUDING YOURS.
Nikki Greicar, Supervisor on Duty said, "I love my job because it gives me the opportunity to interact and build relationships with our members and community. As a supervisor, I am able to talk with members in all areas of our facility. I am able to explain all aspects of what our facility can do for them and their family."
We offer a fun, rewarding work environment and a FREE YMCA & Family Wellness Membership!
The Supervisor on Duty delivers and assures excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the facility. Supervises entire facility during scheduled shift and enforces guidelines among members, guests, program participants and staff. This job is located at the Family Wellness facility at 2700 46th Ave SE in Mandan.
- Monitors the entire facility including the Wellness Center, gyms, tracks, hallways, locker rooms and Member Services desk areas. Enforces building rules and member code of conduct. Addresses incidents or violations immediately, in an assertive, yet professional and courteous manner.
- Assures that service and program areas are properly staffed and that they are providing excellent customer service, completing their job duties, and holding them accountable for following guidelines and policies. If a problem with staffing arises, addresses and resolves the situation as much as possible and contacts the department director if needed.
- Prior to closing time, assures that the closing procedures are completed. Secures the building by checking all outside doors to make sure they are locked. Walks through the facility to assure that everyone is out, towels, balls and garbage, etc. is picked up, final laundry loads are complete, all lights are turned off and cash drawers are closed out properly.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants at Family Wellness and over the phone, contributing to member retention. Greets each member, making them feel welcome. Learns and uses member names and thanks them.
- Has working knowledge of all emergency procedures, understands the Supervisor on Duty's role during an emergency, and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Keeps radio on and with them at all times. Completes related incident reports as required.
Part Time, 15-25 Hours Per Week:
- Monday, 3:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday, 3:30 pm-11:30 pm
- Rotating Schedule, Friday, 3:30 pm-11:30 pm and Saturday, 11:30 am-7:30 pm