QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy.
- Ability to work well under pressure of organizing and attaining production
- Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met including vision, taste and smell.
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
- Ability to expand and condense recipes.
- Ability to work all stations in kitchen.
- Punctuality and regular, reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others, the public and timelines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year experience in a similar position at a Four-Star hotel or restaurant preferred.
- Culinary degree or training preferred.
- High school or GED graduate.
- Ability to read, comprehend and provide instructions, both written and verbal.
COMPUTER SKILLS (FOR ADMINISTRATION OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS):
- Proficient in Outlook and Internet applications.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
- Must provide valid document(s) to work in the US.
- Must provide valid Food Handlers Certification.
- Valid California Driver License is required (for specific positions).
The work environment at Company ranges from wintertime lows of 30 degrees to summertime highs to 80+ degrees. While performing these duties the employee may be exposed to outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Lift 25-50 lbs. (for specific positions)
- Sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GROOMING & UNIFORM:
Some positions will be required to wear uniforms. Uniforms are the property of Company. Uniforms that have been tampered or destroyed will be the responsibility of the employee and disciplinary action will apply.
- Hair must be clean and kept at a reasonable length.
- No extreme dying or bleaching of hair is permitted.
- Fingernails must be clean and well-trimmed at all times.
- Antiperspirant or deodorant must be worn.
- Cologne or perfume may be worn at a minimum.
- Nametags must always be worn, unless your department has a specific policy to the contrary.