Core Bank is an accomplished Community Bank located in the Greater Omaha, NE and Kansas City, KS areas. We are not a mere collection of buildings or a place just to work or manage money – we are a community of friends, neighbors and partners in making life just a little bit better. Our culture - what we call our Recipe for Awesome - creates an environment that's a great place to bank - and a great place to work. It ensures we grow together, learn together, and have fun doing it.
At Core Bank, our Vision is to be a truly remarkable company that just happens to be a bank. And, if you just happen to want to work somewhere truly remarkable, then we'd love to get to know you. To learn more about what makes us - us, explore www.corebankcareers.com.
We are looking for a talented, analytical and detail-oriented individual for our Credit Analyst II position in Omaha, NE.
At Core Bank, Credit Analysts are Diligent - They do good work. No short cuts. No excuses.
The Credit Analyst II supports commercial lending staff by analyzing loan requests of new and current clientele with little or no assistance. Performs annual reviews of loans, as needed, including conducting credit investigations using all available sources of credit and financial information, including but not limited to, credit bureaus, internal bank information, and the client’s financial statements and tax returns. Reviews, analyzes, underwrites and provides recommendations on loan proposals with the sponsoring banker, for approval through the respective loan approval process. Provides credit information and references within appropriate policies and industry practices. Promotes Core Bank’s credit culture, both internally and externally.
The Credit Analyst II's responsibilities include:
- Analyzes credit requests and makes appropriate recommendations to the sponsoring Commercial Lender
- Evaluates financial condition and repayment ability through analysis of routine financial statements and related material.
- Assists commercial lenders with the preparation of the Loan Memorandum for new and existing loans for presentation to Loan Committee.
- Determines compliance with credit policy and loan structures approved by Loan Committee.
- Reviews existing loan documentation to determine compliance with Bank policies.
- Assists with written reports and presentations as needed for commercial loan related concerns and issues.
- Assists Commercial Lenders in identifying and monitoring client credit situations, and makes recommendations for appropriate risk ratings. Reports significant findings to the Loan Committee through the review of:
- Adverse trends in customer financial conditions.
- Declining value of collateral.
- Frequent delinquency problems.
- Excessive insufficient checks.
- Adverse trade payable information, tax liens, and lawsuits.
- Adverse industry or local economy trends.
- Reviews adequacy of collateral.
- Performs other duties as requested, including, but not limited to:
- Performs portfolio reviews, including growth, quality, yield, documentation, and relationship analysis.
- Performs annual industry reviews, as required.
- Perform site and collateral inspections, as required.
- Provide understanding of the credit analysis process to the lending staff.
- Attends loan committee as needed to support the commercial lender’s loan presentation
- Maintains the Bank’s Loan Policy and Guidelines
- Cross-Train and provide back-up for other analytical focuses such as Private Banking and Consumer Lending